✦ Sunless Spray Tan
Our certified spray tan artists have been trained in custom blending, to customize your tan specifically to your skin type. For optimum results follow our Pre and Post Airbrush Tanning Instructions.
WHAT IS SUNLESS SPRAY TANNING?
Sunless spray tanning is the application of a fine mist solution sprayed evenly onto your body. This mist has an ingredient in called DHA that interacts with your own skin’s chemistry to turn it tan, or to form a golden brown color. Your skin begins to darken two to three hours after application and reaches its peak color within 24 hours. The color will gradually fade through natural exfoliation, just like a tan from the sun.
DURATION OF THE SERVICE:
The spray session performed by one of our trained female technicians takes about 20 minutes from start to finish.
HOW LONG DOES THE TAN LAST? WILL I TURN ORANGE?
When post care recommendations are followed correctly, results generally last 7-12 days based on skin type, moisturizing habits, and darkness of spray tan. Using our tan extending lotion (with DHA) on the skin daily will help pro-long your spray tan! We work with the best solution formulated by Norvell that NEVER turns orange.
WILL I LOOK NATURAL? OR TOO DARK?
We evaluate your skin type to help you achieve your best sunless color possible. We will consult with you to find what kind of color you are looking to achieve and if you have any special occasions you’re tanning for. After choosing a shade of solution and understanding what level of tan you are trying to achieve, your technician will then decipher what the color will look most natural on you.
BEFORE AND AFTER CARE IS THE KEY TO YOUR FLAWLESS TAN.
For optimum results & an evenly tanned body, please follow these Pre and Post Airbrush Tanning Instructions
- Exfoliate. Shower and lightly exfoliate the skin 24 to 8 hours before tanning. Use a water-based exfoliator or shower gel. Loofah, wash cloth nor Exfoliation gloves work wonders. If you already have a sunless tan on your skin, please scrub off completely before your session. Do not injure the skin with rough exfoliation. It is important to use products that don’t contain any oils, otherwise the oily barrier can stop the spray tanning solution getting through .Also do not wash with bar soap of any kind on the day of your tan as it will leave a layer of film on your skin and prevent an even tan.
- Wax/shave your legs/armpits before your spray tan. Shaving must be done between 24 and 8 hours prior to your spray tan and waxing must be done at least 24 hours prior. Shave with a new razor. This is to ensure all of your pores are closed otherwise the pores may get tan in and appear “spotty”.
- Don’t wear any deodorant, make-up, perfumes or moisturiser before a spray tan. Many deodorants will stop spray tanning solution going through. Some others will turn the armpits green! Few moisturizers and makeup products can act as a barrier, not letting the full amount of the solution to attach itself to the skin. Instead moisturise fully the day before your tan as this will help your tan last longer.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing after your spray tan. After your spray tan the tan needs to “set” and this takes about an hour. It is therefore best to wear clothes and shoes (preferably flip flops) as loose as possible to wear after your spray tanning to make sure nothing rubs off. Try to ensure they are dark cotton garments as wool, lycra, nylon spandex and silk will stain. Color may transfer to clothes and/or sheets during the first 6-8 hours after being sprayed. If this happens, wash fabric as you normally would to remove the color.
- DO NOT: Swim, sweat, bath or exercise for at least 8 hours – plan accordingly. Once again, DO NOT wash with bar soap of any kind on the day of your tan as it will leave a layer of film on your skin and prevent an even tan and DO NOT use products that don’t contain any oils, otherwise the oily barrier can stop the spray tanning solution getting through.
- Spray tan attire. You can choose between a fully nude service or bring a dark snug swimsuit or under garment to create “tan lines” if desired [Wool, lycra, nylon or spandex. Silk might stain so be sure it is something you don’t mind ruining]. Wear dark and loose clothing and shoes to appointment and for the following 8 hours, while tan is developing.
- Prepare for the way home. Protect your vehicle interior (use a towel to cover leather or light colored seats). NO Jeans, NO tight pants, NO tight shirts or dresses. NO underwire bras or sports bras. Prepare for the weather and bring an umbrella in case of rain.
AFTER TAN CARE:
- Leave your tan for at least 8 hours and overnight if possible before showering. This allows your tan to fully develop.
- Don’t exercise, sweat, swim or bath for at least 8 hours and before shower as it can inhibit the development of your tan.
- Shower normally with a mild shower gel. Some cosmetic color will wash off in the shower. That is normal. Your tan is underneath.
- Pat dry with a towel, don’t rub dry. Avoid applying moisturises or deodorants.
- Avoid wearing tight clothing for at least 5 hours.
- Don’t shave until 12 hours after your tanning session.
- NO MINERAL OIL in any products you use. It will strip your tan. Be sure to ONLY USE water based products.
- Apply a moisturizer twice a day immediately after showering on damp skin. You can apply extender once a week. Be sure to scrub palms after applying tan extender.
- Avoid manually exfoliating skin. Also some products can cause faster fading. These include bar soaps, Alcohol based products such as toners and astringents, acne cleansers or products that cause exfoliation such as AHAs, BHAs, Retin-A etc.
- Swimming and/or the use of hot tubs/saunas is not recommended. Salt water is a natural exfoliate and Chlorine slowly fades your color.
- All sunscreens must be water-based & OIL FREE to prevent streaking. We recommend Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Spray sunscreen.